2014 Owensboro Polar Plunge
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
The Hines Center
|The Polar Plunge is one of the biggest Special Olympics fundraisers of the year. The Plunge is a truly unique event and includes a fun, festive atmosphere with food and great prizes. The Plunge works just like a Walk-a-Thon, but with one big twist. Participants still solicit donations to support their effort (a BARE minimum of $75 to take part or $50 for Junior Plungers), but instead of walking, Polar Bears take a chilly dip into the lake at The Hines Center.|
Last year, the Polar Plunge raised $37,000 to support the efforts of Special Olympics Kentucky athletes.
For more information about the Owensboro Polar Plunge, contact Candace Thompson at 502-326-5002 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Started is easy...
1. Click the "Register Here" button above, then select Form a Team, Join a Team or Join as an Individual - and follow the step-by-step instructions.
2. Next, using the My HQ Page, send your friends and family emails to let them know you're jumping for the athletes of Special Olympics Kentucky! They can join your team, if you created one, or send you an on-line donation.
3. Sign in and pick up your prizes and Plunge wristband (you MUST have your wristband to Plunge) at the Registration tables on the day of the Plunge.
NOTE: Even if you sign up on-line, you still MUST check in at registration.
4. Then join us Saturday, February 8, and Take the Plunge!
5. Each time you return to this Web site, Log In to your My HQ Page and check your progress!
Saturday, February 8
The Hines Center
9-11 am - Registration
11:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
11:30 am - Plunging begins